Thursday, August 1, 2013

Update!!!

Hey sorry for the hiatus, I've been feeling a little bit uninspired and not been in the mood to write about what has been going on so here goes:

  • I've been off the booze - Since Ramadhan started, I've been off the liquor. I decided that it was time for a cleanse because my first three months I was partying up like it's 2999 when I was not teaching. So while I did not do the puasa (fasting in Indonesia), I thought this would be a great opportunity to enjoy a booze free month but boy I could murder a drink right now.
  • Little C has flown the coop - Little C left Jakarta on Wednesday with her parents (they came to visit and deliver her back to Canada). She has been a great friend and awesome house mate and for sure I will keep in touch with her. She will be missed by all who knew her here and mostly by me and Girl J.
  • Happy Leberan to all so where am I going? -  No where I'm afraid. I have a week off work - along with everyone else -and I will be staying in Jakarta while everyone else is off to exotic locations. Jealous much?! Well yes and no. The main reason why I am not going away is because I could not afford to go anywhere. Prices shoot up like they do at Christmas or Summer back home so after paying for my trip to Bali, I could not pay for another trip despite having the time off. On the bright side, Jakarta is going to be a ghost town so it will be clean,quiet and most importantly traffic free!
  • House sitting for the Jays - Scottish J and Girl J are on holiday in their respective home countries so I've been tasked to look after their love pad. I have no issue with this as it is an awesome place with a pool and a gym. So I've been meditating my worries away in this tranquil space enjoying the peace.
  • I am not in love with Jakarta - I came here with an open mind at expected the chaos and madness that comes with living in an Asian Metropolis. After nearly six months here, I have become bored with the traffic, the horrible smell and night clubs (where the music is the same). I am just plain old BORED of Jakarta hence me not liking it. I hope my feelings change about Jakarta and hopefully Doc's visit will left my spirits.
Sorry for being such a downer but I am looking forward to my week off. Hopefully, I will be zen and raring to get back to teaching.

Happy Ied Mubarak when it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment