Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Some Gossip


Hey! I have not dropped off the face of the planet but I have since come down from my brush with fame as per my previous post. A lot, has happened in the last couple of weeks that I have not mentioned at all.

First off, my house mate and colleague, Girl J only gone and got herself a job working at an international school where she will be tripling her salary and she will start in April. This also means she would have to move out of the teachers' house and find her own place with Scottish J (forgot to mention that they are a couple). I am so happy for her as she is a great teacher and she will do well, but I will miss our wee chats and her being my Yoda (re: wise beyond her years and not small and green with pointy ears) since I moved here as a teacher. So J,congratulations on your new job and BIG UP YOURSELF! Speaking of teachers' leaving, my housemate L is going to be finishing up in about a fortnight and my friend D from Traveler Writer Filmmaker (check out her great blog) had her last class on Tuesday and will be leaving Jakarta to Bali for some R&R this weekend. I will be catching up with her tonight.

Secondly, I've been going out like nobody's business since I landed in Jakarta. Clubs, bars and hotels hosting free drink for the fairer sex. I will have to do dedicated posts about my experiences in each place. In a city like Jakarta, there are some decent drinking spots but I would love to find a place where I could hear some Urban tunes and pop my booty with reckless abandon as the clubs I've been to mainly play House music. So stayed tuned for posts on Jakarta's night life.

Thirdly, I've been Skyping my significant other on numerous occasions and weirdly enough I have not cried or been overly upset about not seeing him. This is the longest time I have not seen my darling Doc. I miss him terribly but he has been my biggest supporter in my endeavour and for that I am SO grateful to have him in my life. Truth be told, long distance relationships are a pain in the ass but absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Stay tuned for further posts about Jakarta transport and traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment