Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bali - a photo essay

   Doc and I spent a total of four full days in Bali.We had a full day in Seminyak where we stayed in the upmarket area of Petitenget before setting off to Nusa Lembongan for three nights. Our final destination was back on Bali soil where stayed in a private hotel on the cliffs of Nusa Dua. Apart from a night out with friend D and visiting the famous Tanah Lot on a day trip, we did not do a great deal of sightseeing around Bali. Hell we did not even have a cheeky drink in Kuta! Our final day saw us visiting Tanah Lot and watching the stunning sunset over Jimbaran Bay. As I reflect on our trip, I can say that while we had an awesome time, did not get see much of the real Bali, I guess I have to make a return at some point.

Bali we will meet again, I promise!


Bedroom of Ivory Resort


I'm a sucker for hotel robes



Chandi, an uber - posh bar in Seminyak

Sangria and a very Berry Mojito

Fish Sulawesi style

Best Beef Rendang


Sanur Beach - leaving point to Nusa Lembongan

Bedroom at Jimbaran Cliffs






With my friend D at The Rock






Tanah Lot











Doc gets blessed!




Silhouettes in the sunset

Sunset over Jimbaran Bay

Going

Going

Gone



2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, i love Bali! I know what you mean by missing out on the "real" Bali! Next time base yourself in Ubud and check out the region (I'm sure you already knew that). That's where I'm currently living and I just love the lush vegetation, the authenticity and the strong spirituality! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will know for next time for sure.

      Delete