Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Back from Yogyakarta and The End Is In Sight

It's been three days since I came back from Yogyakarta and now I have just over 24 hours before I board a twenty nine (29) hour flight bound for Edinburgh. Therefore, I've been a very little bee. I've been having dinners and brunches here and there, shopping for more souvenirs, watching pirated DVD's and of course packing a year of my life into two bags.

I am now packed but I still need to weigh my stuff as I'm allowed 32kg of hold luggage. I have sneaky suspicion that I am well over that. Tonight I'll have my last meal with my housemates and farewell drinks with everyone else. Hopefully it won't be a heavy one but I'll set my alarm from now just in case it is.

My next post will be about my time in Yogyakarta and how it has allowed me to come to peace with my time in Indonesia. I will continue writing blog posts about my time in Indonesia while I'm living in Edinburgh, but with a heavy heart I will no longer be living in the concrete jungle of Jakarta. I've come to both love and detest the place (reasons I will address in a post) but try as I might protest about the place; Jakarta has my heart forever.

See you in Edinburgh !

No comments:

Post a Comment