Thursday, March 14, 2013

Quick Update

It has been awhile since I have given a run down of what has been happening in the last couple of weeks. Not to worry, I am still in Jakarta and still teaching but I have been up to a couple of things.

But first let me start with a bit of gossip concerning my teacher house as seven became six. Two weeks ago, Big P flew the coop within four months of his year's contract. It is not surprising but it was the manner in which he left that I was miffed by. He basically did a runner! He despised everything about Jakarta and teaching. I will miss his banter - he had a lot of travel stories and a sarcastic tongue - but I will not miss his negativity - he hated Jakarta, the people, the job, the fact he was living with really young people (dude's 44, so old enough to be a dad to a couple of the house mates!). So moving on from that, we have acquired a new house mate albeit temporarily. My colleague T is staying for a month while his room is being renovated  due to serious leaking problems.

I have found two bars that I REALLY like in Jakarta. One that is within walking distance and is pricey and the other is a Rp30,000 taxi ride away and is pricey (I'm a girl expensive taste, LOL!) I will do a post about these classy joints shortly.

I had my first trip out of Jakarta on Tuesday. It was a public holiday and my house mate L and I thought a trip to Bogor would be a nice way to spend the day. We went with two other teacher friends and had a great time despite the inclement weather. Blog post coming up shortly for that too.

Lastly, I am rested up after spending a day in Singapore yesterday. I went with my friend Manc C for the primary purpose *ahem* getting work permits.  I think I like Singapore! I will do a blog post about that trip soon.

Stay tuned for other blog posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment